The IPH conducts application-oriented research in the field of tool- and mold-making. The work group contributes to the transfer of research results into practice – and to the detection of current challenges in the industrial field in which additional research is required.
A selection of our projects:
- Forming technology, Process monitoring Development of predictive monitoring of forging processes to exploit qualitative and economic potentials (VorÜber) 03/2021 – 05/2023 | AiF/FQS
- Forming technology, Tool- and Mold-Making Burr avoidance in flash-free forging of aluminum under consideration of industry-related process parameters and variation of tool-integrated sealing concepts (FlidiAl) 11/2020 – 10/2022 | DFG
- Process design, Forming technology, Tool- and Mold-Making Forming and joining of sheet and bulk metal parts in a progressive die to produce a hybrid steel track control arm (Folgeverbundhybridschmieden) 11/2017 – 10/2020 | AiF/FOSTA
- Tool- and Mold-Making, Forming technology, Process monitoring Warm forging of steel with carbon-based coating systems (Halbwarm DLC2) 08/2017 – 09/2020 | DFG
- Tool- and Mold-Making, Forming technology Batch size optimized use of tools in hot bulk forming (LöWe) 09/2015 – 08/2017 | AiF/GBO
- Industry 4.0, Tool- and Mold-Making Automatic determination of quality- and resource-efficient process parameters (AutoQuaRP) 11/2013 – 10/2015 | AiF/FQS
- Tool- and Mold-Making Development of a model-based valuation method to improve operational tool supply (SFB 489 T13) 04/2013 – 12/2014 | DFG
- Tool- and Mold-Making, Artificial Intelligence Automated calculation and design modeling in the value chain of progressive dies (AutoKalK) 06/2010 – 08/2012 | BMBF: KMU-innovativ
- Tool- and Mold-Making, Artificial Intelligence Function-based tender preparation of complex unique products (Funktionsplanung) 08/2009 – 07/2012 | DFG
- Tool- and Mold-Making, Automation, Artificial Intelligence Automated positioning of cooling channels by using methods of artificial intelligence (NeuroTemp) 07/2009 – 07/2011 | ZIM
- Tool- and Mold-Making Warm forging of steel with modified carbon-based coating systems (DLC) 07/2009 – 08/2011 | DFG
- Tool- and Mold-Making, Artificial Intelligence Quality-oriented prediction of the lifecycle costs of tools and molds (QProLCC) 02/2008 – 01/2010 | AiF/FQS
You find more of IPH's research projects here: www.iph-hannover.de/en/research/research-projects.